The look and hairstyles of the 80s hair generate. It was a decade in which fashion was uncovering. Pop culture was strongly felt thanks to the irruption of bands and films.
Pop music, rock, heavy metal marked a style, and in terms of vintage hairstyles, they consolidated between daring and exaggeration.
80s hairstyles that inspire us today
- Short at the top, long at the back. We talk about the famous mullet cut, a unisex cut that marked this decade.
- And was popularizing by David Bowie in his role as Jareth in the movie Inside the Labyrinth (1986).
- This style is based on contrast and can be modelled so that this is emphasizing. For example, with a spiky top.
- The pixie cut also had its moment of glory back in the 80s. Fashion? Wear it with orange hair, well lit. Of course, with the specific jobs of the time.
- From Annie Lennox to David Bowie, this style made history in the heads of more than one standard-bearer of the androgynous.
- Boy George is a chameleon, but if there is one look of his recording among the hairstyles of the 80s, this is it.
- It has several condiments: the hat, the handkerchief and the braids with ribbons or braids with wool. This mix provides color, texture and, without a doubt, a lot of personalities.
- The hairstyles of the 80s were pure stridency and originality. However, we found inspiration a bit more low-key. Straight, very straight hair stepped cut at the sides, long rounded bangs and inward ends.
- Upward hairstyles were very common in this decade, especially among musical artists. We saw it on Billy Idol, The Cure, and other cult bands.
- With a little help of gel, anything can be done, even this side-up style.
- As you may have noticed by now, a key ingredient in 80s hairstyles is volume. In this case, we see it in a high ponytail held up by, yes, scrunchies.
- XL accessories, in fluo or vibrant colors, were the order of the day. It is a style that we might as well carry today.
- The perm is another of the indisputable hairstyles of the 80s. Just as straightening is all the rage now, messy curlers were in those years.
- We see this inspiration with the voluminous curls, including the curly bangs.
Importance of Semantics in SEO in 2022
The importance of SEO has always been evident, especially as the digital age advances. No matter where you are in…
How To Earn Money By Editing Videos Online: 5 Easy Ways
In modern times inflation and the high cost of living have taken a toll on most of our lives. This…