Red Mark From Acne – Past Acne Marks, Treatment of Red Marks, and More
Red Mark From Acne
It’s not fair; after the breakouts have disappeared, we are left with some horrible red mark from acne.
There are different treatment steps you can take to prevent these marks (as much as possible) and, more importantly, help them disappear faster than they would on their own.
Are Past Acne Marks the Same as Acne Scars?
- No! Red or brown marks from past acne are technically not scars (that is, the skin is broken); Rather, they are post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation areas.
- Although these marks can last on your skin for up to a year or more, how they form and the fact that over time they disappear on their own explains why they are not scars. (one)
- Real acne scars damage the underlying supporting structure of the skin, leaving the skin broken or with an irregular area (indentations), changing its texture and responding minimally to cosmetic products. (two)
- Okay, now that we’ve defined the difference between a post-acne discolouration and an acne scar, let’s talk about the solutions for each.
Treatment of Red Marks from Past Acne: What Works and What Doesn’t Work?
- With very few exceptions, cosmetic products that claim they can remove past acne marks don’t work as they promise.
- There are skin lightening treatments that contain hydroquinone or azelaic acid to stop the excess production of melanin (which is responsible for giving color to hair, skin and eyes).
- Which reduce the appearance of spots caused by the sun ( for example, brownish spots). Still, this ingredient does not work on red marks from past acne.
- Hydroquinone is ineffective with the red color of acne marks as it is not related to melanin.
- Which means that hydroquinone or other types of melanin inhibitor ingredients are of little use, with one exception.
- The only exception is for people with darker skin, where the post-acne marks are brown due to its melanin.
In these cases, hydroquinone or azelaic acid is an option to blur your appearance. Also, azelaic acid has antiseptic properties:
- You are killing acne bacteria and preventing new acne breakouts. We recommend that you try Clear Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with azelaic acid.
- Home treatments for old acne marks, such as rubbing lemon on the skin or other citrus fruits, do not work. They cannot exfoliate the skin properly.
- And their acidic juices are powerful skin irritants, which can prolong the healing process. Don’t fall for this! There is no solution to skin concerns in the kitchen.
- Instead, we’ve turned to approved scientific reviews to discover four ways to treat post-acne discolouration (and the underlying causes of breakouts) that work for any skin tone, age, or ethnicity.
Can AHA scrubs remove acne marks?
- Yes. Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs, like glycolic or lactic acid) work on the skin’s surface, so they help to blur discolourations, just like a BHA.
- Use a moisturizer with sun protection SPF 30 or higher daily, without exception.
- Exposure to UV rays (which reach your skin whether it is sunny or cloudy) damages the skin’s self-repair ability, which means that red marks from past acne will stay on your skin for longer.
- Weather. Exposure to UV rays damages your skin’s cells and immune defences (even if you haven’t been sunburned).
- So the skin’s natural healing process slows down and is less efficient. Protecting the skin from UV rays daily is essential for discolourations. It also keeps your skin healthier and younger-looking for longer.
- We have a wide range of wonderful day moisturizers with SPF to fully protect the skin without causing breakouts.
We are going to name you different moisturizers with an ultra-light texture, perfect for acne-prone skin:
- Daily Essential Moisturizer SPF 50+ Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense SPF 30, Clear Ultra-Light Daily Fluid SPF 30, Resist Youth-Extending Daily Fluid SPF 50 or Resist Super-Light Daily Defense SPF 30.
- You may also consider combining a tinted foundation or moisturizer with SPF 30! It can be a perfect option to protect facial skin.
- It is especially true if your skin is oily or prone to acne breakouts since this type of leather needs coverage but without shine.
- Use products loaded with antioxidants, especially with vitamin C and inter-cellular communicating ingredients, such as retinol.
These two categories of ingredients – antioxidants and inter-cellular communicators:
- Help defend your skin from future damage, as well as “communicate” with your cells to speed up the process of repairing existing damage.
- The result you will get is less inflammation and a shorter healing period for your discolourations.
Medical Treatments for Acne Marks and Scars:
- Research shows that post-inflammatory pigmentation – red or brown discolouration that appears after a pimple – respond very well to series of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser treatment.
- So if you are desperate, have an important social event and need quick results, IPL laser treatment may be your solution.
- (Those with dark skin tones should speak to their dermatologist regarding optional alternatives since IPL may have complications on dark skin).
- Another option is prescription tretinoin (Retin-A, Renova or a generic) and monthly peels with BHA or AHA performed by a dermatologist or aesthetic doctor.
Together, these can enhance new cell formation, smooth the surface, strengthen skin, and promote a more even skin tone:
- Suppose you have red or brown marks and acne scars. In that case, your dermatologist may recommend a TCA (trichloroacetic acid).
- Scrub like the ones in the Dermaceutic Laboratory, which is more powerful potentially more effective than an AHA or BHA scrub alone.
- Treatments for deep acne scars are not straightforward. Due to the extensive damage and loss of collagen, no cosmetic product can reverse its appearance. Dermal fillers can fill in gaps as well as restore lost volume in hollowed out areas.
- A series of Dermaroller (needle roller) treatments can also be considered, always performed by a qualified professional. Rather than doing it yourself (as it is very easy to overdo it and end up injuring the skin).
- Some dermatologists offer fat transplants to plump up acne scars. (eleven). These treatments are performed in 2 parts, the first obtaining the fat and preparing it for implantation and the second part.
The actual procedure to improve the scar. Full results will be seen in about three months:
- Each of the options described above has its advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to speak with a dermatologist.
- After all, if you are going to spend money on these procedures. You want to minimize any disappointment as much as possible.
How can you very easily find the Midpoint?
Midpoint will always refer to the point that will be in the middle of the line joining two points. The…
Cybertruck Glass – What happened, Reactions, and More
Cybertruck Glass Tesla’s new Cybertruck glass features virtually unbreakable glass. Or at least that’s what Elon Musk believed until he…