There are a few possible reasons why you might see an X next to someone’s Snapchat name. The most likely reason is actually the simplest: the person sent you a friend request that you haven’t accepted yet. You can easily check if this is the case by clicking on the name.
This will bring up a prompt where you can either accept or decline the friend request. If you click on the X, you’ll have the option to block, report or delete the entire conversation. If you accept the request, you can immediately snapchat each other and the X will disappear.
If you’re sure you accepted the friend request, there are other reasons for the X. The dark grey X can also mean that the person has blocked you or removed you from their friends list.
However, don’t jump to conclusions right away. The X doesn’t always mean you’ve been blocked. It can also mean that the person is in your phone contacts, but you haven’t added or chatted with each other yet.
Table of Contents
What Does X Mean
Some users also see the X when they’ve never sent or received a snap from that person. Ultimately, the X just means you’re either not actually on each other’s friends list or you’ve never interacted on the app. We hope this clarifies things so you can get back to happily snapping!
If you’ve ever noticed an X next to someone’s Snapchat username and wondered what it could mean, you’re not alone. We did our research so you don’t have to and discovered the meaning of the X.
What Does X Mean In Text
Before you freak out over receiving an “x” via text, just know that it’s a good thing. It’s usually included at the end of a message and means kisses.
If you’ve ever seen someone write “XOXO,” which means kisses and hugs, then you might already be familiar with the text symbol.
The singular “x” is a sweet sign-off, like “sincerely” or “with love,” and it can also be seen as the written equivalent of the kissy face (😘) emoji.
Follow these steps to contact Snapchat customer support.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iOS or Android device and sign in to your account if necessary.
- Tap your profile/Bitmoji icon in the top left corner.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the More Information section and tap Support.
- On Android, the scroll to the Support section and tap the I Need Help option.
- Tap the orange Contact Us
- Select the category under which your issue falls by tapping the circle to the left from the list of issues given.
- Read the instructions given to you after you’ve finished making your selections from the lists of issues given. If you haven’t tried any or all of the suggested troubleshooting tips, go ahead and try them now.
- If you read and followed the troubleshooting tips for your particular Snapchat issue and still had no luck solving it, go back to the instructions for that particular issue (you might need to go through steps 1 to 7 again) and scroll down to the very bottom of the page.
- An entry form will appear with several fields you can fill out. Go ahead and fill out your Snapchat username, your phone number, your device details, the date you started experiencing your issue, an optional screenshot attachment and additional information describing your issue in detail.
- Tap the yellow SEND button when you’re done.
What Does X On Snapchat’s Friend List Mean?
If X appears beside the contact name on the ‘Add Friends’ screen, it means you haven’t yet added the contact. Tapping on the X button will remove the contact suggestion from Snapchat.
However, besides the ‘X’, you will also notice an ‘Add‘ button. Tapping on the Add button will immediately send the person a friend request.
What Does the X Mean on Snapchat instead of the camera icon?
Well, if the ‘X’ appears beside someone you’ve previously been friends with, it means that the person has recently removed or blocked you.
You can open the profile and check whether you are getting an option to Add the person to the friend list. If the ‘Add‘ button is available, the contact has removed you from their Snapchat account.
Generally, when someone removes you from their friend list, the camera icon is replace with an ‘X’ icon. Tapping on the X icon will allow you to clear the previous chat with the person, block, or report.
How to Remove Grey X Next to Name on Snapchat?
Well, the best and easiest way to get rid of the grey X on Snapchat is by adding that person to your friend list. If the person declines, you can block them.
If the person accepts your friend request, the ‘X’ icon will immediately change to Camera. However, if you see the ‘X’ icon next to the name on Snapchat, but they are already added to your friend list, you need to clear the App cache.
So, this guide is all about what does the X mean on Snapchat. We have also answered your most-asked question: Does X on Snapchat mean blocked? If you need more help on this topic, let us know in the comments below. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends as well.
If you see the X next to a Snapchat name, all it means is that person sent you a friend request that you haven’t accepted yet. Tapping the name shows two buttons: An ‘Okay’ button that accepts the friend request, and a ‘Report or Block’ button that lets you report or block the person.