DIY scalp scrub – Exfoliate the Scalp, DIY Homemade Scalp Scrubs, and More
DIY scalp scrub
A DIY scalp scrub step to keep the scalp free of residues and impurities.
Sure, you take some time to exfoliate the skin of the face and body. It is already part of your beauty routine. But what about the scalp?
It is also skin and also requires care. If you’ve never done it, it’s time to pay attention to it and exfoliate your scalp from time to time.
Why exfoliate the scalp?
- The scalp is responsible for the health of your hair. Exfoliating helps to remove dead cells, remove the accumulated product, control excess oil and clean.
- Many scalp problems, such as itching or dandruff, can be prevented or avoided with this simple procedure.
- Keeping the scalp clean is important to ensure proper oxygenation of the hair follicles and blood circulation, fundamental factors for hair to grow healthy and strong.
- If you want to do a hair detox, the first step is exfoliating.
How to exfoliate the scalp?
- Remember that the skin of the scalp is very delicate. The sebaceous glands are responsible for moisturizing and controlling that the area is drier or oily.
- Before doing the exfoliation, evaluate the condition of your scalp. Is it dry? Very fatty? Based on that, I chose the combination of natural ingredients to make sure you give your skin what it needs.
- With the mixture ready, brush your hair dry. Please start with the ends, continue in the middle, and dust from the roots when well untangling.
- This step is to start removing debris. Next, I moistened the scalp. Apply your natural scrub and massage the hair, always using your fingertips.
- Do it delicately, without damaging the scalp with your nails. When you are doing, it is important to wash your hair well to remove any residue.
DIY Homemade scalp scrubs
Exfoliate the scalp with coffee:
- Coffee beans offer the perfect texture for exfoliation. However, they need a vehicle that facilitates the massage.
- It could be coconut oil, a powerful fungicide, conditioner, and soothing. This combination of ingredients forms a powerful exfoliating and anti-inflammatory blend for the scalp.
Extra virgin olive oil and sugar:
- The olive oil extra virgin is extremely moisturizing and, combined with sugar, incredible works as an exfoliant. If you have a dry scalp, this combination may be your option.
Oats and brown sugar:
- The oatmeal has soothing and moisturizing properties, in joint action with brown sugar crystals, promotes skin renewal and hydrates and brightens the hair. To this mixture, you can also add a little honey.