Local Guide Program – Google Local Guides, Local Guide Program Work, and More
Local Guide Program
Are you familiar with Google’s Local Guide program? Surely you have used Google Maps on more than one occasion when looking for a business or when you are travelling.
What is Google Local Guides?
- Local Guide is a program where users registered in that community leave their evaluations about establishments, monuments, places, etc., within Google Maps.
- At the same time, they can corroborate whether the reviews and information offered by Google maps correspond to reality.
- It is a community of preferred users dedicated to offering more relevant and detailed information.
- And reviews other users who are not distinguished as Local Guides.
- Thanks to this information left by registered users in this program, the search engine can improve.
- The quality of the data shown on its Maps platform and the best places to buy, visit, eat or sleep in each city in the world.
- Also, being registered gives you access to a program of points and badges for which you obtain.
- A series of rewards and extra advantages that Google itself offers to its members.
- In fact, in sectors such as tourism. The information published by its users is shown in the search results through the Featured Snippets.
- Something that helps a lot to other users who are looking for such specific information.
How does Google’s Local Guide program work?
- To be a Google Local Guide, you have to register HERE. It is completely free, and you only need to be of legal age, have or create a Gmail account and leave your city indicated.
- Once you are registered, you can start leaving as many reviews as you want, upload photos.
- Add new places or places to Google Maps and verify any information that you find.
- It is a program that is intended for people. That is, companies cannot register a profile and leave reviews.
- For this reason, I advise you that if you have a verified business within Google My Business.
- And you also want to participate by leaving reviews. You better register as Local Guides with a different personal profile.
- Since depending on the actions that you carry out as a Local Guide, you will obtain points that will make your profile grow.
- And its popularity within the Google ecosystem and give greater strength to your recommendations.
It is what you can do to get more points
- Leave a review: 10 points.
- And if your review has more than 200 characters: 10 extra points.
- Make an assessment: 1 point.
- Verify data: 1 point.
- Upload a photo to Google Maps: 5 points.
- Tag an existing photo: 3 points.
- Upload a video: 7 points.
- Answers: 1 point.
- Answer a question: 3 points.
- Add a site that is not in Maps: 15 points.
- Add a road to Maps: 15 points.
- Verify data: 1 point.
- Make a token edit: 5 points.
- Eligible published list: 10 points.
- Make a description on the list: 5 points. comments
Beginner’s Guide to Lean Management?
Introduction to lean management is essentially a method of streamlining each part of every business, including individuals, materials, and information…