In cases of hair breakage, the number of hair that is removed daily increases significantly.
Hair breakage can be limited by eating a healthy diet, limiting cosmetic hair care products.
What Causes Hair Breakage?
Common causes include:
1. Hair care devices
- We all regularly use blow dryers, flat irons, or curlers. However, it is good to know that all these hair care devices can damage our hair.
- The heat produced by these devices penetrates the hair shaft, making it more vulnerable and conducive to hair breakage.
2. Cosmetic products
- Daily use of bleaches, dyes, perms, or curl relaxers will also cause hair breakage.
- These cosmetic hair care products contain hydroxide ions and peroxide ions, both of which are harmful to the hair.
3. Hair accessories
- Other common causes are hair accessories. Using bobby pins or elastic bands to style your hair daily will cause them to break.
- To avoid such a thing, choose loose fit clips or pins instead.
- Also, it is essential to style hair differently by placing hair accessories in different head areas so that the same hair is not constantly damaged and prone to breakage.
4. Too much toilet
- Over-grooming your hair is another common cause of breakage. Instead, you should gently massage your hair with shampoo.
- And conditioner while showering or bathing, and gently and slowly prep your hair to avoid damage.
5. Inappropriate comb
- If you use a fine-tooth comb, your hair may be damaged and mechanically break. Instead, use a wide, seamless tooth comb.
6. comb hair while it is still wet
- While your hair is still wet, you should avoid using brushes or combs.
- Instead, you should comb your hair with your fingers while still damp to prevent your hair’s damage.
7. comb the hair into a tight ponytail
- I guess everyone loves to style their hair into a ponytail from time to time.
- However, combing the hair into a tight ponytail will cause stress on the hairline, eventually causing the hair to break.
8. Pulling the hair constantly
- One of the common causes of breakage is constant hair pulling if you tend to twist your fingers in your hair.
- It would help if you stopped doing it as it will damage your hair, causing more stress on the hair.
9. There are no hairdressers
- If you are a person who does not go to hairdressing salons very often and with enthusiasm.
- When necessary, you are skipping regular haircuts to make your hair weak, damaged, and prone to breakage.
- It’s essential to cut your hair regularly so that you can get rid of split ends, making sure your hair stays healthy and beautiful at the same time.
10. Lose weight
- If you suddenly lose too much weight in a short period, hair breakage can occur.
- Losing more than 15 pounds can lead to breakage for several months.
- However, there is nothing to worry about as your hair health will resolve itself and return to normal in a couple of weeks or months.