Tesla’s new Cybertruck glass features virtually unbreakable glass. Or at least that’s what Elon Musk believed until he saw them break apart.
During the presentation of the latest model of his brand of electric cars.
Why the “Cybertruck” glass broke
- The timing was pretty ridiculous. Last week, during the presentation of the model with which Tesla wants to enter the segment of pick-up trucks.
- To show how tough they are, they threw a heavy solid ball at them. And the windows failed the test.
- After cursing loudly, Musk joked, “We have a lot to do.” And this Monday, the billionaire entrepreneur revealed why Cybertruck’s windows were smashed.
What happened, according to Musk?
- The Tesla president blamed the setback on the order in which the demonstration had taken place.
- For the first time, the glass was hit by a hammer in what appeared to be a successful display.
- But this had caused an invisible crack, Musk explained, which subsequently caused the windows to break when they were hit with a steel ball.
- The futuristic design vehicle was unveiled Thursday in Hawthorne, California, where its angular stainless steel design garnered a mixed response from the audience.
- In response to a follower on Twitter, Musk said the incident could have easily been avoided.
- “The impact of the hammer on the door cracked the base of the glass, so the steel ball did not bounce,” he wrote.
- “He should have thrown the steel ball in the window and then hit the door. Next time.”
- Over the weekend, Musk posted a video of an earlier demo, made behind the scenes moments before launch, showing the windows bearing the impact of the steel ball.
- Despite the awkward accident, Tesla announced that it had received more than 200,000 orders for its Cybertruck after the unveiling.
- The success of the launch event sparked some speculation on social media.
- The incident, which was viewed millions of times online, would have been orchestrated to go viral.
- “It’s hard to say if that one sad moment was the reason why Tesla was able to get 200,000 orders for the Cybertruck.
- But all the extra attention certainly didn’t affect” the product, said Jessica Caldwell of Edmunds Vehicle Market.
- “Moments like that are why Tesla has such a passionate fan base: While most executives are always overly rehearsed, Elon Musk was never afraid to show his human side. For better or for worse.”.
- “Tesla fans are known to give the company the benefit of the doubt. And assume the technology will be resolving by the time the truck goes on sale.”
- The Tesla Cybertruck will begin to be marketed at the end of 202. At a price starting at US $ 39,900 and will have a range of 402 km.
- While the most expensive model will cost US $ 69,900. And will be able to travel 800 km without the need to recharge at the current.
- The giant version of the car will fit 6 adults and can support a load of about 1,587 kilos.
Also Read: Dolby Atmos Headphones – Features, Gaming Headphones, and More
Also Read: MacBook Pro Review – Design, Screen, and More
Also, You can find more helpful resources at Mashable Online.
Review Cybertruck Glass – What happened, Reactions, and More.