Table of Contents
Best zinc Oxide Sunscreen
Make sure your next best zinc oxide sunscreen offers superior sun protection, and there are a few must-have features to look for.
1.Broad spectrum protection
- Regardless of how beneficial the ingredients in sunscreen may be for your skin, there is no point in purchasing it unless you ensure that you are getting a product that provides broad-spectrum protection.
- Broad spectrum protection protects you from both types of harmful solar radiation. These are known as UVA radiation and UVB radiation:
- UVB radiation is the type of solar radiation that causes visible damage. Think sunburn: red, sensitive skin that is sometimes blistered and takes a few days to heal.
- UVA radiation is the sneaky ninja of solar radiation. It causes invisible cellular damage to the DNA of skin cells. Over time, this will main to premature aging of the skin and lead to genetic mutations that can lead to skin cancer.
- Although it can be glorious to be on the beach or at the end of your road, feeling the sun on your face, it isn’t that good for you.
- Some sunscreens only protect against less dangerous UVB radiation, so be sure to choose a product that says “UVA / UVB” or “Broad Spectrum Protection” on the label.
2.Best Zinc Oxide SPF Sunscreen
- It is also important to select a product with a good SPF rating.
- Notice I said good, not just the highest rating I can find. It is because, contrary to what manufacturers prefer you to think, once you pass a certain threshold, a higher FPS isn’t much better for you.
- For starters, due to the way SPF ratings are calculating, any rating beyond SPF 30 will only provide better protection incrementally.
- Based on concerns raised by the EWG for FDA review, the addition of certain anti-inflammatory ingredients in sunscreen formulas could allow them to claim a higher SPF rating artificially.
- It is because, from a legal perspective, SPF ratings are just one measure of protection against UVB radiation and how long you can stay outside before a sunburn appears.
3.BurnOut Eco-sensitive Zinc Oxide Sunscreen SPF 35 3OZ.
- Broad spectrum UVA / UVB protection.
- Continues clean and clear, no chalk whitening.
- Without parabens, without oil, without PABA.
- Biodegradable, safe for the ocean, eco-sensitive.
BurnOut’s eco-friendly sunscreen is a bit more expensive than what you’re used to paying, but it is great value for money when you consider what you get:
- This sunscreen provides broad-spectrum protection, SPF 35, using 18.95% zinc oxide.
- That zinc concentration is just a hair more than Badger’s product, but BurnOut is in second place due to a few minor details.
- It has a long list of inactive ingredients – 21 to be exact.
4.Cellular Beauty Juice CC Cream, Natural Shine, 1.7 Fl Oz
- Skin type: Normal, Mature, Dry.
- $ 39.00Buy on AmazonPrice including taxes, no shipping costs
- Without a doubt, this is one of the best sunscreens for the face, with zinc oxide as the only active ingredient.
- This CC stem cell cream may appear to have a list of inactive ingredients at first glance, but upon closer examination, you realize that the formula is simpler than it sounds.
- The formula is thought to be a reliable moisturizer as well as a sunscreen.
- Therefore, it is packing with antioxidants that come from various fruits or natural sources – hence the long list of ingredients.
- There is no soy, gluten, or other red flag allergens, so no need to worry about that.
- This tinted sunscreen comes in 5 blendable shades (see below) that provide you with broad-spectrum protection, SPF 30. Get this, using 20% zinc oxide!