Noxzema is a nearly 100-year-old brand of skincare products. Its line focuses on facial cleansers.
However, Unilever owns this iconic brand known for its dark blue packaging.
What is Noxzema?
- Noxzema offers cleansing products designed to remove dirt and makeup, target acne, and give your face a fresh look and feel.
- Noxzema is available over the counter in many grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Though Noxzema may be a great product for daily cleansing, it isn’t designed to treat serious skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Advocacy organizations focused on these conditions recommend specific brands and products that can help combat symptoms, and Noxzema typically isn’t listed.
- Keep reading to learn more about Noxzema and how it may affect your skin if you have eczema or psoriasis.
What is Noxzema used for?
Noxzema’s products are marketed to treat facial skin.
The skin on your face needs extra care for several reasons:
- Your facial skin may be different from the skin on other parts of your body. Body moisturizer may be too thick or irritating to use on your face.
- Normal, oily, dry, or sensitive facial skin may require products designed for those skin types.
- Harsh products like soap may irritate your facial skin.
- Your face may be more prone to acne or other blemishes than the rest of your body.
- You may use makeup that needs to be taken off at the end of each day.
Currently, Noxzema offers the following five products:
- Original Cleansing Cream (available in a canister or a pump)
- Moisturizing Cleansing Cream
- Daily Deep Pore Cleanser
- Anti-Blemish Pads
- Anti-Blemish Scrub
These products serve different purposes. The cleansing creams are intending to clean the skin on your face and leave it moisturized.
The deep pore cleanser targets dirt and makeup that’s trapped in your pores.
The blemish pads and scrub target pimples and serve as a preventative measure against future breakouts.
Noxzema uses: For eczema?
- Eczema is a skin condition that can make skin feel dry, itchy, and inflamed.
- It can be especially prevalent in the winter months when the weather is cold and dry, but it can also occur year-round.
- Often, eczema can be treating by using gentle skin products and moisturizers.
- If you choose to use Noxzema products and you have eczema, you should monitor your skin.
Noxzema products aren’t officially recommending for people who have eczema, so their effects can vary.
- If you notice that your eczema symptoms are worsening, stop using the products.
- The National Eczema Association endorses several cleansers that may help treat eczema.
- Brands on the list include Neutrogena, Cetaphil, and Aveeno.
- The association recommends checking each product for potential allergens before use.
- You should also do a skin patch test before applying any skincare product.
- To do this, test a dime-sized amount of product on the inside of your forearm.
- If you don’t experience any irritation or inflammation within 24 hours, it should be safe to use.
Noxzema uses: For psoriasis?
- You may also consider using Noxzema for psoriasis. Psoriasis, like eczema, affects the skin’s surface and requires regular treatment and preventative maintenance.
- But psoriasis is more than just skin deep. Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that lasts throughout your life.
- It needs to be managing with a doctor’s help, who can help you determine treatment options.
- Your doctor may recommending the use of over-the-counter products, though Noxzema isn’t recognizing specifically for this purpose.
- The National Psoriasis Foundation marks several products with a Seal of Recognition for psoriasis treatment. These include products made by CeraVe, Aveeno, Eucerin, and more.
- Before you select products for your psoriasis, talk to your doctor. It’s important not to irritate your skin.
- When you’re having a psoriasis flare because it may cause your skin to become more inflamed.
How can you very easily find the Midpoint?
Midpoint will always refer to the point that will be in the middle of the line joining two points. The…
Cybertruck Glass – What happened, Reactions, and More
Cybertruck Glass Tesla’s new Cybertruck glass features virtually unbreakable glass. Or at least that’s what Elon Musk believed until he…