Local Guide Program
Are you familiar with Google’s Local Guide program? Surely you have used Google Maps on more than one occasion when looking for a business or when you are travelling.
What is Google Local Guides?
- Local Guide is a program where users registered in that community leave their evaluations about establishments, monuments, places, etc., within Google Maps.
- At the same time, they can corroborate whether the reviews and information offered by Google maps correspond to reality.
- It is a community of preferred users dedicated to offering more relevant and detailed information.
- And reviews other users who are not distinguished as Local Guides.
- Thanks to this information left by registered users in this program, the search engine can improve.
- The quality of the data shown on its Maps platform and the best places to buy, visit, eat or sleep in each city in the world.
- Also, being registered gives you access to a program of points and badges for which you obtain.
- A series of rewards and extra advantages that Google itself offers to its members.
- In fact, in sectors such as tourism. The information published by its users is shown in the search results through the Featured Snippets.
- Something that helps a lot to other users who are looking for such specific information.
How does Google’s Local Guide program work?
- To be a Google Local Guide, you have to register HERE. It is completely free, and you only need to be of legal age, have or create a Gmail account and leave your city indicated.
- Once you are registered, you can start leaving as many reviews as you want, upload photos.
- Add new places or places to Google Maps and verify any information that you find.
- It is a program that is intended for people. That is, companies cannot register a profile and leave reviews.
- For this reason, I advise you that if you have a verified business within Google My Business.
- And you also want to participate by leaving reviews. You better register as Local Guides with a different personal profile.
- Since depending on the actions that you carry out as a Local Guide, you will obtain points that will make your profile grow.
- And its popularity within the Google ecosystem and give greater strength to your recommendations.
It is what you can do to get more points
- Leave a review: 10 points.
- And if your review has more than 200 characters: 10 extra points.
- Make an assessment: 1 point.
- Verify data: 1 point.
- Upload a photo to Google Maps: 5 points.
- Tag an existing photo: 3 points.
- Upload a video: 7 points.
- Answers: 1 point.
- Answer a question: 3 points.
- Add a site that is not in Maps: 15 points.
- Add a road to Maps: 15 points.
- Verify data: 1 point.
- Make a token edit: 5 points.
- Eligible published list: 10 points.
- Make a description on the list: 5 points. comments
Also Read: Ikea Smart Blinds – Good Material, Adding The Blinds, and More
Also Read: Non Comedogenic Moisturizer – 6 Best Non-Comedogenic Moisturizers